Print a Sign-In Sheet | Spanish Version Coming Soon
Fires and explosions are among the principal hazards which can result from improper operation and maintenance of spray booths. Contributing factors include:
- Insufficient operation and maintenance of the exhaust systems
- Excessive accumulations of particulate and over-spray
- Chemical imbalance
- Improper operation of the burner
- Improper filter maintenance.
Forbidden Spray Booth Acts
The following actions must be avoided:
- Mixing, preparing and/or storing any solvents inside the spray booth
- Storing any solvent soiled rags, cardboard, or other debris inside the spray booth
- Storing solvent containers (even empty containers) inside the spray booth
- Storing any flammable substance such as aerosol spray cans
- Storing or consuming any food or drink items
- Smoking tobacco
- Using any sparking tool such as a grinder, torch, or welder
- Using electrical device
- Wearing clothing that has been soiled or spotted with paints/solvents.
Spray Booth Precautions
- Replace the filters as soon as recommended by the manufacturer. Excessive clogging of filters can decrease airflow and allow particulate to harden and fall onto the painted surface
- Regularly clean and maintain all parts that are subject to wear
- Clean ductwork based on the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Maintain tools and accessories, such as air compressors, per the manufactures recommendations
- Develop a housekeeping and maintenance schedule
- Only allow trained persons to operate and perform maintenance on spray booths.
KEMI does not assume liability for the content of information contained herein. Safety and health remain your responsibility. This information is to be used for informational purposes only and not intended to be exhaustive or a substitute for proper training, supervision or manufacturers’ instructions/recommendations. KEMI, by publication of this information, does not assume liability for damage or injury arising from reliance upon it. Compliance with this information is not a guarantee or warranty that you will be in conformity with any laws or regulations nor does it ensure the absolute safety of any person, place or object, including, but not limited to, you, your occupation, employees, customers or place of business.