The Powered Lawn Mowers Safety Checklist includes questions such as:
1. Are all power-driven chains, belts, and gears positioned or otherwise guarded to prevent contact during starting, mounting, and operation?
2. Are all positions of the operating controls clearly identified?
3. Is the mower handle fastened to the mower to prevent loss of control by uncoupling?
4. Are mowers provided with stops to prevent jackknifing or locking of the steering mechanisms?
5. Do foot-operated, wheel-drive disengaging controls disengage the drive when depressed?
Click to access the Powered Lawn Mowers Safety Checklist.
The Spanish version of this checklist can be accessed here.