The Machine Guarding Checklist includes questions such as:
1. Do the safeguards provided meet the minimum OSHA requirements?
2. Is there a point-of-operation safeguard provided for the machine?
3. Are safeguards provided for all hazardous moving parts of the machine including auxiliary parts?
4. Do operators and maintenance workers have the necessary training in how to use the safeguards and why?
5. Is the maintenance equipment itself properly guarded?
Click to access the Machine Guarding Checklist.
A Spanish version of the document can be accessed here.