The Daily Excavation Checklist includes questions such as:
1. Was One-Call System contacted?
2. Are there surface encumbrances? If so, what type?
3. Does a hazardous atmosphere exist? If yes: follow confined space entry procedures policy, complete Confined Space Entry Permit, and monitor for toxic gasses?
4. Is trenching or excavation exposed to public vehicular traffic and exhaust emission? If yes: warning vests are required, complete Confined Space Entry Permit and monitor for toxic gasses.
5. Are other utilities protected? (Water, sewer, gas, or other structures)
Click to access the Daily Excavation Checklist.