Print a Sign-In Sheet | Spanish Version
As cooler weather begins, driving can become more hazardous due to foggy conditions. Keep the following in mind when driving in foggy weather to keep you and your family safe:
- Drive with your lights on LOW beam. High beams will reflect off the fog, creating a “white wall” effect.
- Reduce your speed and watch your speedometer. Fog creates a visual illusion of slow motion when you may actually be speeding.
- Avoid crossing traffic lanes.
- Travel with the driver’s window partially open and listen for traffic.
- If your car is disabled or you can’t continue, pull well onto the shoulder and turn off lights. Move away from your vehicle.
- Consider postponing your trip until the fog lifts.
KEMI does not assume liability for the content of information contained herein. Safety and health remain your responsibility. This information is to be used for informational purposes only and not intended to be exhaustive or a substitute for proper training, supervision or manufacturers’ instructions/recommendations. KEMI, by publication of this information, does not assume liability for damage or injury arising from reliance upon it. Compliance with this information is not a guarantee or warranty that you will be in conformity with any laws or regulations nor does it ensure the absolute safety of any person, place or object, including, but not limited to, you, your occupation, employees, customers or place of business.